This workshop will include guidance on:
- How to prepare a primer and prime your panel
- How to put on a gauze onto the face of your panel
- How to make your own traditional gesso
- How to apply thin gesso layers and how many you need
- How to sand your gesso before painting
Materials that you will need:
- Panel – wooden, MDF, or plywood. Plywood or MDF needs to be at least 18mm thick. You can buy a wooden board here https://shop.apfitzpatrick.co.uk/icone–legno-plain-panels-240-c.asp If you are outside the UK please let us know if you need any advice on what panels are suitable.
- Gauze – you can buy it in any Pharmacy.
- Gelatine – you can buy it in most supermarkets.
- Whiting or Bologna Chalk or Chalk from Champagne.
- Hard large brush that is not too precious to you like Natural Hogs Round Hair Brush
- Old credit/debit card or any membership card that you no longer use.