Monday CLASSES – ONLINE
19:30 – 21:30 UK time
You can join us any Monday
Cost £175 for 5 Classes
The link will be provided after the registration.
The main focus of this workshop is on helping you to find your own personal style. To help you develop creative practice and find the confidence that you need to make creativity a part of your daily life.
It is an ongoing Class but students are guided individually through the process of creating an Icon.
Not recommended for complete beginners but if you have some experience drawing or painting but not Icon painting please contact me and we can discuss if it will be suitable for you.
You will be guided through all the stages of creating an Icon. You will be supported in conveying your own ideas and a personal style.
Peaceful music played in between feedback will help you come to a quiet and meditative place.
You will deepen your understanding and practice of the principles of the egg tempera technique which include:
- The composition used in icon painting
- Icon styles including Byzantine and Russian
- Preparation of egg yolk binding medium
- Making your own paints from dry pigments
- Working with thin layers
- Dry brushwork
You will need some materials to get started.
Pencil, thin paper, and a copy of an image that you want to paint.
- pigments – yellow ochre, red ochre, burn sienna, burnt umber, black (iron oxide or Russian black), titanium white, ultramarine blue, green oxide
- brushes – 3 squirrel brushes, sizes 1,3,5 or 2,3,5. You can buy those here Brushes
- panel – clayboard or gesso board Panels or Panels
- The rest will be explained in the email to you
Let us know if you already have materials or need any assistance with deciding which materials. There are many options and it’s not necessary to buy too many to be able to start painting.